Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Good stuff all around...

So things are finally starting to come together. I booked a moving company today. Actually, there are the only ones to give me a reasonable price for ther amount of stuff I'm taking. They can charge a lot less than other companies because they do regular trips to the mainland. The others don't, so you end up footing a good portion of the truck rental... which can be killer!

So I'm so glad that's done! (understatement!) One less stress out of the way.

So you might ask how I, a poor student, can afford to pay fora moving company. Glad you asked! Yesterday, I got my bursary from Camosun. Every semester, those students considered in financial need can apply for internal foundation bursaries. Last year I got one for $200.00... this year... get this!!!!.... I got $750.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you beleive it? I was shocked!

So my bank account is doing very well, thank you!

So now I just have to wait until my tax refund comes in and then I'll be sitting pretty!

As for everything else... it's pretty much "hurry up and wait"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! Lindsay $750 that's awesome!! Shopping spree here we come!!!! :)