Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Answers at last...

Well, I got the results of the blood test, and we are NOT pregnant. I actually took it better than I thought I was going to, probably because I've gone over all the reasons why this outcome will work better for us in the end. At least now we have the opportunity to get our finances in gear and I have the chance to get my body in shape. Ryan and I have agreed that we need a year to get ready and then after that, we'd love to have an addition to our family.

Until then, I've decided that I'm going to live vicariously through the my friends with their new baby and I can't wait to meet Kairi for the first time. You want to know what's crazy? I've never held an infant before. Oh, I've held my one-year old cousins, but never a baby so young! She'll be four weeks at Christmas, can you believe it?

So now I am looking at the steps I need to take to get where I want to go (nothing new there). I spoke to my manager and I've been assured that I won't need to look elsewhere for work, that they'll be able to give me the hours I need. She then spoke to our boss who told her, "Don't let her go anywhere!" It's nice to be wanted...

So that's that. I'll be working four days to start and at some point (hopefully sooner rather than later) I'll be working full-time. Meanwhile, it's time to do research into 1) new places to live and 2) the people and places I need to go to in order to propell myself forward as an artist.

Here we go...

1 comment:

Dave said...

Well, I am glad to read this news. I would have been glad and happy either way, but now your path is that much more clearer!