Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Saturday, June 06, 2009

Crazy Eights: A Meme

So I've been tagged...more than once. Figured it was about time I got down to responding:



The Rules:

1. Mention the person who tagged you. Thanks Mrs. Spock and Wiseguy

2. Complete the list of Eights.

3. Tag 8 other bloggers and tell them they've been tagged.



Eight things I'm looking forward to:

1. Motherhood.

2. Getting through the crazy month of June at work.

3. Our vacation in July.

4. Being a beach bum. :)

5. R finishing his PhD.

6. Unwrapping my blank canvas and getting messy with my paint.

7. Seeing the world in a different way through my viewfinder.

8. The future.



Eight things I did yesterday:

1. Ate food. Constantly.

2. Peed every 20- 30 minutes ( yes, tmi, but no, not really joking). That's what happens when the baby either sits on your bladder or kicks it.

3. Responded to a lot of emails.

4. Went for a walk at lunch.

5. Felt Bean move from the outside.

6. Got R to feel her too!

7. Walked to the video store with R and snagged the movie Get Smart for $5.59. Only made it through 45 minutes of it before I really needed to go to bed.

8. Finished reading the 5th Har.ry Po.tter book. On to #6. :)



Eight things I wish I could do:

1. Do a cross-Canada photographic road trip. Coast to Coast and the Territories too.

2. Show my art in a Gallery.

3. Play the guitar well. I started learning last summer and got side-tracked by the two miscarriages. Never really got going again.

4. Afford to buy our own place.

5. Speak a second language fluently. My french really doesn't count, but I can read a cereal box! ;)

6. Not get so stressed at work. So much easier said than done.

7. Make my friend's wedding on Oct.31. The hitch? I'm due on the 15th. (Sigh)

8. Take all the things I love to do and am good at and make a business out of it. Just have no idea what that business looks like.



Eight shows I watch:

1. Grey's Anatomy

2. Private Practice

3. Canadian/ American Idol

4. So You Think You Can Dance

5. Dancing with the Stars (yes, I like reality shows but only the contest ones that actually require skill of some kind)

6. America's/ Canada's Next Top Model

7. House

8. Star Trek (all incarnations but the original- it's just not my favourite)



Eight favourite fruits:

1. Watermelon

2. Pineapple

3. Strawberries

4. Grapes

5. Peaches

6. Blackberries

7. Raspberries

8. Blueberries



Eight places I'd love to travel: (Eight is not enough but it's a start)

1. The United Kingdom and Ireland

2. As above, all of Canada I haven't yet seen.

3. Italy

4. Moldova (place where my maternal great-grandparents emigrated from)

5. Australia and New Zealand

6. The Galapagos Islands

7. Eastern Africa (I have my whole route mapped out)

8. The New England States



Eight places I've lived: (only 5)

1. Chilliwack, BC

2. Petawawa, ON

3. Chalk River, ON

4. Victoria, BC

5. Vancouver, BC


People I've tagged:

I think a lot of people have already done this but Claire, Dave and anyone else who haven't yet done this, go for it... :)

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I really do love this one.

Do you paint with oils or watercolor?

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Star Trek! I knew I loved this girl!

Jamie said...

I think our favorite fruit list is almost identical! I can't believe I left off peaches. Who am I kidding? I love all fruits!

..al said...

Nice List....I knew it was worth the wait!