Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Show and Tell: In Search of Happiness

This week's S&T is about my need to slow down, stop stressing over things I can't control and focus on what's important.

I love The Fray. It just has to be said. They have amazing melodies and stunning lyrics. But this song takes the cake. Go ahead and have a listen and if you need them, the lyrics follow.

You may want to keep a tissue handy...

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN

Happiness- The Fray

Happiness is just outside my window
Would it crash blowing 80-miles an hour?
Or is happiness a little more like knocking
On your door, and you just let it in?

Happiness feels a lot like sorrow
Let it be, you can’t make it come or go
But you are gone- not for good but for now
Gone for now feels a lot like gone for good

Happiness is a firecracker sitting on my headboard
Happiness was never mine to hold
Careful child, light the fuse and get away
‘Cause happiness throws a shower of sparks

Happiness damn near destroys you
Breaks your faith to pieces on the floor
So you tell yourself, that’s probably enough for now
Happiness has a violent roar

Happiness is like the old man told me
Look for it, but you’ll never find it all
But let it go, live your life and leave it
Then one day, wake up and she’ll be home

Home, home, home
_____________________________

This songs grips my heart each and every time I listen to it. Almost every single line speaks to me. I really think you could apply this song to any situation in your life.

Breath. Absorb it. It's that good.

Don't forget to stop by Mel's and check out rest of the class is showing...

13 comments:

jill said...

Thanks for sharing :) I've never heard of The Fray before. Very powerful lyrics.

Anonymous said...

wow. you're right, this song can be applied to so many different situations. i've always needed music as an outlet. having a soundtrack to my life is very important to me. thank you so much for sharing, i'm adding it to my list now.

..al said...

"But you are gone- not for good but for now
Gone for now feels a lot like gone for good"


Lovely....thanks for introducing the song!

Have a nice weekend!

Liv said...

I love the Fray. And you are right this is a song to breathe in and absorb!

I hadn't keep up with you via show in tell for a while...Congratulations that it's a girl! Love it.

And thank you for your comment on my post! I wished I could have handed everyone a klee.nex from the moment the logged on! A moment I'll never forget in all my life.

Take care Lindsay!

Kristin said...

What an incredible song.

Melis.sa said...

dude, i love the fray. f-in love them. :)

Anonymous said...

another Fray-lover here.

This is awesome. Thanks.

Lori Lavender Luz said...

My homeboy band!

I hadn't heard this song. Thanks for making me a little more conscious today.

FET Accompli said...

Very intense lyrics.

cowboyboot lady said...

I hadn't heard this song before. Thanks for sharing! I particularly like these lines:

Look for it, but you’ll never find it all
But let it go, live your life and leave it
Then one day, wake up and she’ll be home

Lollipop Goldstein said...

Thank you for the morning cry. I think it would be a great song to listen to while lying down on the sofa and taking four minutes for yourself.

..al said...

Have you heard - Never Say Never?

Jamie said...

Thanks for sharing. I am always on the hunt for a great song. I love this one!