Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Thursday, October 01, 2009

The Laundry List

The list of things to do was daunting but I'm making my way through it slowly but surely. Had my weekly appt and I have good news! My blood pressure is down a bit and closer to normal! Looks like the worries about pre-e are moot at this point.

Bean is still growing. Fundal height measuring 40 cm, up a centimeter from last week and still measuring just over 2 weeks ahead; funny enough, I actually lost a little weight since last week. Go figure! Dr also confirmed what I already knew... baby is engaged in my pelvis.

As I type, dinner is in the oven. Mmm, chicken fajitas...

So here's what I've got accomplished off my to-do list these last couple of weeks:

-Cleaned up the balcony and dealt with the plants.
-Washed the metal shelf from the balcony and moved it into our coat closet as a makeshift "pantry".
-Washed 4 loads of baby clothes, blankets and other assorted items.
-Put washed baby stuff away in the closet in her room.
-Packed bags for hospital!!! (Sitting by the front door)
-Vacuumed! (Is it just me or is this a particularly odd word in the English language?)
-Sorted through non-maternity clothes and started another donation pile.
-Sorted through bookcase in our bedroom and moved it to the other side of the dresser to make room for the bassinet (with hubby's help of course).
-Ironed the pile of clothes and other items that have sat there far too long.
-Ironed and hung the curtains that my Mom made for the baby's room.
-Applied for mat leave benefits.
-Stockpiled on meat for the freezer and some canned goods for the pantry.
-Baked: banana bread and cookies. Was supposed to put some in the freezer but well...

Amongst all my appointments, I think I've done pretty well! Today I went on a cooking spree making meals for the freezer for after baby comes. I made:
-Chilli (enough for two meals)
-Spaghetti Sauce with veggies and italian sausage (again enough for two meals)
-Turkey patties (enough for three meals)

I also made tomorrow's dinner (stuffed red bell peppers) while I was at it since it used several ingredients I was already using.

Suffice to say, I'm popped!! Think I'll just chill tonight and clean the kitchen and bathroom tomorrow...


9 comments:

areyoukiddingme said...

Wow, if you've got all that energy, could you come to my house? I've got a list too!

Looks like the end is near...my girl was born on her due date (10-10), so it's possible our daughters could share a birthday!

Dave said...

Holy Moses! That's a lot done... I have to echo, I've got lots around here to do, and you are welcome to visit any time... heck you can even bring Bean and R. ;)

You're almost there! I just realized that I will have to be in your fair city at some point in the next few weeks...

Melis.sa said...

!!!!! She'll be here soon!!!

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Wowzers! Can we say nesting, Batman?

Congrats on getting so much done, but just make sure you aren't over-doing it.

I want some of your stuffed peppers!

Kristin said...

Wow, I'd say you are definitely nesting. That list makes me tired and I'm not pregnant.

..al said...

OMG....you make me look like a total lazy-b-hood!

You have done so much!!! Aren't you tired? And if you sometime left, I have stuff in my to-do list too. Would you help me? Pretty Please?

You better take care!

Deanna said...

I like the: "I'm popped!" At this stage of the game... we all wished that! Good job on all your good jobs.

The Steadfast Warrior said...

Hahaha! It was supposed to be pooped!! But an appropriately funny typo nonetheless...

Meg said...

You will be so relieved that this is all done once baby is here. Once you are in the midst of mommying, the couch and a nap will be well earned!