Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Thursday, October 01, 2009

A New Season

Well if there was any doubt that fall is here, the foggy rainy weather outside will confirm it. Some people groan and complain about our fall and winter weather here on the "Wet Coast" but the rain is in my blood. I grew up in it and it somehow makes everything seem fresh and clean afterwards. I will admit that often I can do without the record-setting multiple days (I think 40 in a row was the last time it got really bad), but all-in-all it sort of makes me happy.

It however doesn't make me productive; all I want to do is curl up in a blanket and read a book or watch TV. After posting yesterday's list I laughed at the comments since you should see the list I still have to do. However, aside from a couple of priorities, everything else is on the "would be nice" list. At this point, we have our hospital bags packed, room for the bassinet when it gets here (my parents are bringing it) and her clothes washed. Everything and anything else is just gravy. If she were to come early, we're set enough to get by. Even the newborn cloth diaper rental kit we're getting on Oct.9th may or may not be here but worse come to worse, the drug store is up the street and has a whole aisle of diapers. It think we'll be just fine.

We'll be just fine. Those words are something else. It's the mantra I've repeated in my head over and over and over in the last year. It's the ultimate truth in a way because things always have a way of working themselves out. Which leads me to my favourite quote of all time:

"Everything will be alright in the end; if it's not alright, it's not the end". (Anon)

As the misting rain continues to fall I glance at the maple trees lining the playing field across the street from our apartment. The leaves are different shades of red, orange and green. You can tell by these colours that the maples are not native to the area because they don't go yellow and then brown like all the rest around here. :)

The leaves are turning; change is ever present. Things carry on. So do we. We'll be just fine.

4 comments:

areyoukiddingme said...

Curling up with a blanket sounds good! We're having similar weather here.

You'll be just fine - keep that in mind over the next year too!

AnotherDreamer said...

I like that quote :) You will be just fine :) You post made me want to curl up with a book, lol. It's getting colder here, not too rainy- but dark and gray nonetheless. I hate that about winter, which apparently is fast approaching here- it's always so cloudy and dark out.

Kristin said...

"The leaves are turning; change is ever present. Things carry on. So do we. We'll be just fine." - I LOVE that sentiment.

..al said...

Beautiful post...it is this flair of yours that I especially love - the magical turning of words. This post also introduced me to another magic: 'Everything will be alright in the end; if it's not alright, it's not the end'.

Yes, we ALL will be just fine!

Bean is arriving at such a beautiful time!