Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Really? Seriously?

My current motto is that I'm trying to take things in stride.

Just a quick update from my OB appt yesterday:

-Blood pressure- up again to 150/80, even higher than before.
-Protein in urine
-Baby's head no longer fully engaged but floating. If I should have my water break, I'm supposed to go in right away due the risk of the cord coming first (cord prolapse).
-I lost weight again. Not much, but probably just her fluid reducing. Still, having had gained an average amount of weight (which I was happy about), it was sort of nice seeing the number go down a bit considering I was heavier to begin with.

Went for more blood work and should get that back tomorrow afternoon when I go back to have my blood pressure checked. Likely, unless the protein and bp magically fix themselves, I'll be considered to have mild pre-eclampsia and will be induced. While not for sure, it is very highly likely that I will be having my baby on Friday.

You think I could get through these last few days easily but no, not me. That would be how everyone else does things. I've been told to take it easy and keep my activity low-key.

It could be worse. At least things aren't at dangerous levels and Bean seems to be doing fine. I just want her in my arms safe and sound. The reality is that that could be in just a couple of days!!

Will post tomorrow what the plan is, unless my blood pressure spikes so high that they send me to Labour & Delivery right away.

7 comments:

AnotherDreamer said...

Scary :( Hope everything turns out alright.

Steggie said...

You're going to great Mommy!

MrsSpock said...

I was induced and it really wasn't bad at all. Healthy baby and mom is #1, right? Not much longer and you'll be holding the little bean!

areyoukiddingme said...

Yikes. Taking that in stride will require some effort. Hope your blood pressure goes down, and your baby too! Good luck.

..al said...

Well...I hope it turns out well in the end....

I have something for you: http://ovulationticker.blogspot.com/2009/10/awards-schwards.html

I know I know...my timing is bad....but think of when you want to kill time and have nothing to do....that time you can do me the favour, alright?

Be good.

Dave said...

It's scary, but it's ok. You and Bean are going to be just fine. I know it. :)

Anonymous said...

lots of good thoughts going your way...I hope that stride thing is working for you :)

Try to remember to breathe.