Welcome

This blog is no longer being updated, but if you like what you see here, be sure to join me over at Life Pared Down!

Saturday, January 02, 2010

Day One

Happy New Year and welcome to 2010!

I started this year curled in bed reading a book. We finished a movie last night about 15 minutes before midnight and crawled into bed. Bean had gone to sleep at 10:30 after her bedtime feed.

She didn't wake up till 8:30am! I took the Lyrica last night which helps with sleep so I slept right through until R woke up at 8am. I didn't crawl out of bed until 9am, mostly because the one side effect I usually get with these kinds of meds is grogginess. I felt like my body was numb for a good hour and a half. How I'll manage feeding a baby like this I don't know but I'm thinking I'll just have to push myself through it. And make sure I get my shower and coffe. Everything seems better after a hot shower and caffeine.

The only other side effect so far is a mild dry mouth. Not a big deal. It's too soon to know if it's actually doing anything. I'm a little achy this evening but then again it could have something to do with the fact that I cleaned the house and cooked dinner for friends who came over tonight.

R said from the kitchen as we were cleaning up after they left that we should do this more often. I agreed; partly because I enjoyed people's company and lovely food but also because it forced us to clean the apartment. Don't ask how long it's been since we vaccumed...

So we did end up getting a Wii yesterday. It took two phone calls to me and several stores to find it in stock but we have one. Today I tried to get a Wii Fit but no luck, all sold out. Though, I only looked one place since I have gift cards for there. We're going to check out one of the other stores this weekend and cross our fingers they have one. A Wii Fit is an absolute must. For me, it's the only way I can get in a workout and not worry about the baby. I can use it while she's sleeping and if she wakes up then I can come back to it later. So much easier than packing her up in the car seat and taking her downstairs to the gym in our building and hoping she lets me do what I need to. Methinks that wouldn't go so well. For now I'm enjoying tennis and bowling and baseball. But I get fully into it and use my whole body. After a few minutes I can already tell it's doing something and that my body is working. I also have a new pair of running shoes we bought back in November. I broke them in a little over Christmas when we were away. I'm looking forward to doing more- it felt great.

So here we are. It's a brand new year, full of potential and hope. My friend Claire and I always come up with a new motto each New Year's to set the tone for the year to come. I talked to a short while ago and she came across something she thought would work well, which I quite like. It's a no pressure sort of deal but still working towards something. So here we go...

"2010: Not trying to be perfect, just a little better."

Now to check out The Creme de la Creme list... (see my sidebar if you have no idea what I'm talking about)

8 comments:

..al said...

Well, a pleasant start to state the least....

Love your motto for 2010....enjoy the Wii!

Quiet Dreams said...

I definitely got sore from playing Wii tennis, so it does SOMETHING.

Love the motto. :)

areyoukiddingme said...

I think any additional movement (Wii sports or cleaning the house) is beneficial!

IF Optimist, then... said...

Do the Wii boxing and you'll find it is a big workout. Love you 2010 motto. I think you should make it into a T-shirt.

Mrs. Gamgee said...

Be careful with that Wii baseball... I hurt my elbow the first day I played it (of course I played it for faaaaar too long).

I'm glad that you have had a mellow start to the year. Sending prayers that it only gets better from here!

Happy New Year, my friend!

Kristin said...

If you have a gift card, those can usually be used at the online version of the store too. You might have more luck finding the Wii Fit there.

Happy New Year and I love the motto.

Melis.sa said...

Happy New year!
That's an awesome motto!!

I hope you guys have more get togethers soon. :) And woot for the wii and wii fit! i didn't like leaving the house with my daughter until she was about 8 months bc her routine changed so much, so i hear you on that one.

Jamie said...

Happy New Year! I hope the Lyrica and the Wii are a good combo for you. I know the side effects are tough, but I hope your days keep getting better and better. Getting good sleep at night should help!

We don't have a Wii, but I've played it with our neighbor's son. It was so much fun! And you really can make a workout of playing the games like tennis and bowling. I would be almost immobile after playing Wii Fit.

I LOVE your motto!! I haven't been online much in the last week, but you've been in my thoughts. It is good to catch up with you!